We are currently offering $30,000 in signing incentives for this position for qualified experienced applicants! Both experienced and new graduate Physical Therapists are welcome and encouraged to apply.
As a Physical Therapist you need to know how to:
· Interpret physicians' referrals for physical therapy services and select the appropriate diagnostic or prognostic procedures for evaluating patients' disabilities such as muscle weakness, joint limitation, loss of functional ability and sensory deficiency from muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases and injuries or birth defects.
· Perform evaluation procedures and analyze the results to determine the extent of patients' disabilities, establish patient goals, assess functional progress, and to develop and adjust initial and subsequent treatment programs.
· Conduct tests of strength, upright motor control, spasticity, sensation, proprioception, visual field, bulbar functions, cognition, gait analysis, body image, electro-diagnostic, and other tests.
· Perform complex treatments such as proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, muscle re-education, bulbar treatment and use of plaster splints for positioning a body member.
· Confer with physicians regarding evaluation, treatment and progress of patients and express judgments upon which physicians’ base decisions to improve the patient's function using a wide variety of surgical or bracing procedures.
· Advise allied health personnel, teachers and families regarding patients' progress and discharge plans. Participate on an interdisciplinary team and report on assigned patients’ condition and progress.
· Supervise patient care treatments and procedures delegated or assigned to a Physical Therapy Assistant, or other support personnel, explaining each assigned patient's treatment programs, demonstrating unfamiliar procedures, and reviewing and discussing work performed.
· Supervise and maintain recording of patients' treatment plans and progress notes.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
· Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school of Physical Therapy, required
· Current license as a Physical Therapist in the State of practice, required
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, or obtain certification within one (1) month of employment, required
· At least one (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Physical Therapist on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place. Click here to apply: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_qFPme.e.K